Monday, November 14, 2005

Fun with Big Aircraft

On occasion I'm lucky enough to see some interesting aircraft in my job. Not long back I got a good look through the prototype 777-200LR, an early 777-300ER and before that joyflights on an Embraer 170 and Bombardier Dash8 Q400. Yesterday however, I got to see something really impressive, none other than the very first Airbus A380. This is the Boss Monster of commercial jets and I can tell you is mighty impressive to look at. Anyway, to the photos!

















This is the beastie. Big, isn't it?

Note hastily applied Qantas decals.

















Here's another view, showing a big blunt nose and tall crown. The crown incidentally, is made from GLARE, a glass and aluminium reinforced epoxy.

















Now to my eye if this were all polished aluminium it would look like a futuristic airliner of the 1930s..

So what's it like inside this big white whale? Is it a luxo-barge of kazillionaires or flying geeklab? And what is the mysterious cargo it's carrying? Well, I need sleep now, so you'll have to wait until tomorrow. But here's a sneak preview, to prove that I did in fact get on board. Yours truly in the big seat.


















More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home